НЕADWAY для начинающих.
1. Планы на отпуск/каникулы
3. Письмо из Дублина
4. История Интернета
6. День в школе
7. Мой родной город
8. Интервью на радио.
9.Подарок на день рождения.
1. Holiday plans
I’m going on holiday to Mexico next Friday, so next week’s very busy.
On Monday I’m collecting my tickets from the travel agent.
I’m going on holiday with my friends Ed and Lucy, so on Tuesday I’m meeting them after work and we are going shopping.
On Wednesday I’m seeing the doctor an 11 o’clock, then I’m having lunch with my mum.
On Thursday I’m leaving work early and I’m packing. I’m taking just a bag and a rucksack.
Then it’s Friday. Friday is the big day! At six thirty in the morning I’m going by taxi to the airport. I’m meeting Ed and Lucy there and at nine thirty we are flying to Mexico City.
I’m very excited!
- This is a very beautiful house.
- Thank you. I like in very much, too.
- Celine, you’re American. Why do you live here in London
- Because I just love it here! The people are fantastic! I love them! And of course, my husband, Charles, is English, and I love him, too!
- That’s a very nice photo. Who are they
- My sons. That’s Matt, and that’s Jack. They go to school here. My daughter’s at school in the US. Her name’s Lisa-Marie.
- Why does Lisa-Marie go to school in the US
- Because she lives with her father. My first husband, you know, the actor Dan Brat. I hate him and all his movies. I never watch them.
- I see. And does Lisa-Marie visit you
- Oh, yes. She visits me every vacation. She’s here with me now.
- And is this a photo of you and Charles
- Oh, yes. It’s us in Hawaii. It’s our wedding. We’re so happy together!
3. A letter from Dublin
We’re on holiday in Dublin this week. Our hotel is very nice – old and comfortable. The people are very friendly, and the food is delicious. Irish music is good, and the beer is lovely!
Dublin is beautiful. It’s a big city with a lot of old buildings, and it isn’t expensive. The weather is horrible! It’s wet and it’s cold.
See you soon.
Love. Dona and Sergio (your Italian students).
4. The history of the Internet
The Internet started in the 1960s. The United States Departament of Defense started it because they wanted a computer network to help the American military. In the 1970s scientists worked on it. Then in the 1980s telephone companies made in possible to communicate on the computer network in many more countries. An international computer language was born, and the Net went worldwide.
What can it do
You can use the Internet for many things. You can buy a car or a house; you can book a holiday; you can watch a video; you can read an Australian newspaper or a Japanese magazine; you can buy books and CDs from North and South America; you can play chess with a partner in Moscow; or you can just chat to people from all over the world. The list is endless
In August 1999 three friends, Jacques Proust, Guy Fadat and Franqois Leclerc were on holiday in the town of Laraque in France. On Sunday they went shopping in the market and they saw a dirty, old painting of the Virgin Mary. They bought it for 1400 francs and they took it to Paris. In Paris an expert said that the painting was by Leonardo da Vinchi and it was worth 500 000 000 francs. The man in Laraque market said: “I was happy to sell the painting but now I’m very upset. I don’t want to think about it!”
6. A schoolday
Well, on schooldays I get up at 7:45. I have breakfast at 8 and I go to school at 8:30. I have lunch in school with my friends, that’s at 12:50 – it’s early in our school. I leave school at 3:30 in the afternoon and I walk home with my friends. I get home at 4:30. I go to bed at 11 o’clock on schooldays, but not at the weekends.
7. My home town
G’day! My name is Darren. And I live in a house with my brother and a friend. We live in Bondi and we all love surfing. We often go surfing in the morning before work.
I’m an engineer. I work in the centre of Sydney for a big international company. I go to work by train. My office is in Macarthur Street, very near the Harbour. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday I go running at lunchtime. It’s very hot in summer, but it’s beautiful. I sometimes go with friends from work. We run near the Opera House.
My girlfriend likes to go shopping on Saturday. There is a great market in Paddington, and there are some great clothes shops in Oxford Street.
On Saturday night we often go to Chinatown. The food is fantastic and really cheap. Or we stay in Bondi because there are a lot of really good little Thai and Italian restaurants here.
I usually relax on Sunday. When the weather is good, we go to the beach, Manly Beach.
We go by ferry. When it’s wet we go to the pub.
8. Radio interview
- What are you doing here in Milan, Sadie
- I’m working. There is a big fashion show here.
- Are you staying in a hotel
- No, I’m not. I’m staying with friends.
- Are you having a good time in Milan
- Yes, I’m. I’m enjoying it very much.
- Now, Sadie, tell the listeners. What are you wearing now
- I’m not wearing anything special! I’m just wearing jeans and a T-shirt.
- Thank you, Sadie. It was nice to talk to you.
- Thank you.
9. A present for a birthday
What would I like for my birthday That’s easy. I’d like to have breakfast in bed. With the newspapers. And in the evening I’d like to go to the theatre.
Well, I’d like a new computer, because my computer is so old that the new programs don’t work on it. And then in the evening I’d like to go to a good restaurant. I don’t mind if it’s Italian, French, Chinese or Indian. Just good food.
I don’t have a mobile phone and all my friends have one, so what I’d really like is my own mobile. They aren’t expensive these days. And in the evening I’d like to go out with all my friends and have a great time!
Читайте также: Спасибо!